Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Tasting - Castello del Poggio Moscato

Name: Castello del Poggio Moscato Provincia di Pavia
Variety: 100% Muscat
Region: Asti
Country: Italy
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $7.99

Winery review: Dan Murphy's Wine Panel - Pale colour. Fresh lively home-made lemonade aromas. The palate is wonderfully vibrant and tangy with Italian panetone, macerated fruit flavours and crisp citrus notes.This is a brilliantly balanced moscato with clean delicous lines. The sugar harmonises perfectly with zesty acidity. All Moscato should be this good. - 94 points


My review: Sweet and enjoyable! Visually, this wine accounts for a viscous and pale yellow body with an abundance of bubbles  congregating throughout but primarily on the walls of the glass. This wine almost knocks you on your back with fruit aromas. Most notably, I sensed apricot, citrus and a hint of apples. The wine hits the palette with a burst of crisp fruitiness and overwhelming sweetness that maintains throughout. There does not seem to be strong tones of acidity regardless of the heavy citrus influences. The taste is smooth from start to finish. I did not taste this wine with food although the label recommends pairing with desserts and fruit salads. Although I enjoyed the wine, it was more sweet than I typically enjoy therefore I would likely not buy it again, although, I would certainly recommend to my friends that prefer their wine to taste like Welch's grape juice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment