Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tasting - Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay

Name: Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa Valley, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $8.99

Winery review: Review by Natalie Maclean, A terrific, vibrant, full-bodied Californian Chardonnay with aromas of butterscotch, golden apple and pear. Perfect for roasted chicken or turkey. Maclean scored this wine a 90/100 on October 10, 2016.                                                                                                                  

My review: Decent. The wine maintains a vibrant, golden yellow appearance. This 2015 vintage maintains strong fruitfulness and citrus on the nose such as lemon, lime and even apple. Those fruit and citrus tones were evident in the taste as well. Upon consuming the wine I was struck with lemon, apple, and peach. I did not find the fruitfulness to be overwhelming. I did find this selection to maintain an acidic after taste. Additionally, I found this wine to be rather dry which is why I deemed it "decent" as I typically prefer a sweeter wine. It is recommended to pair with roasted chicken and pasta with cream sauce. I paired this selection with Chik-fil-a nuggets and found them to be a proper pair. I would probably not recommend this wine to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment