Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tasting - Folatre Chardonnay

Name: Folatre Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Curico Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2016
Price: $8.99

Winery review: The color is brilliant golden yellow, with aromas of ripe tropical pineapple and banana. Up front it is juicy, complex, fresh with intense fruit flavors elegant and well balanced. Best paired with seafood, white meats and fresh cheeses. Review courtesy of the estate by Vina Folatre Limitada.                                                                                                       

My review: Solid chardonnay! This wine boasts a subtle pale yellow and maintains a fair amount of legginess for a chardonnay indicating viscosity aka higher sugar content. On the nose, the wine presented fruitful scents of apple and pear. I tasted those same fruitful flavors with a very smooth body and limited acidity. I was taken aback by the smoothness of this wine, considering it's low price point. Compared to the Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay of the same price point which I previously tasted, the smoothness of the Folatre was a standout quality of this selection. I paired this wine with Chik-fil-a nuggets and I found it to be a proper pairing. I would recommend this chardonnay to friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment