Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tasting - Dark Horse Chardonnay

Name: Dark Horse Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Central Valley, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $7.99

Winery review: Dark Horse Chardonnay showcases rich flavors of baked apple and pear, layered with toasted oak, notes of caramel and brown spice with a lingering smooth finish. Review courtesy of Dark Horse Wines, Modesto, CA.                                                                                                                

My review: Good chardonnay for the price. The wine is light yellow in color. On the nose, I picked up scents of melon and pear. The fruitfulness was evident in the taste as well, specifically in the form of pear and apple. I found this selection to be rather dry with an acidic finish. This wine would pair well with chicken or seafood although I did not pair this wine on this tasting. I likely would not recommend this wine to a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment